4.29.2009

Court Tonight!!!


Sometime tonight while we're sleeping or early tomorrow morning (we'll I'm sure we will not be sleeping) a judge in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia will review our case and declare if Silas E. will legally be our son. HA! Our Son!!! Hopefully all the paperwork is in place and the judge will approve our case. Cory and I have not been sleeping well the past few nights and I can only imagine what tonight will be like. We are so anxious and excited! Obviously we're praying we pass the first time through and go to Ethiopia soon to bring Silas home. Yes we will be heart broken if we don't pass, but we are choosing to remain hopeful and pray all goes well. I'm not sure when we will hear the results. They wait to call when they have a court decree in hand, so we are hoping to hear something really soon. It would be great to know before the weekend, but we are not counting on it. Sometimes it takes close to a week for people to find out if they passed or not. So if you could PLEASE say a prayer for us before you go to sleep tonight we would REALLY appreciate it!!! I'll post something as soon as we find out.


Your sisters (Gracie and Emma) are praying hard for you baby Silas, and we are all so thankful for serving a God who is so good. Our God is bigger than any court or judge. God wants the best for you Silas and for all of us, so we are going to pray we pass court tonight and it will be in the right timing so we can bring you home. We love you so much Silas!!!

A good friend shared this with me and it is for you tonight Silas...

Kisses in the Wind

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams. You are here each day with me, at least that's how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are... what's taking us so long. But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin... Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God hold you in His hand until I can be with you. I promise you, my darling. I'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend. But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight. And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

We love you Silas!!! We are praying for you and hope to bring you home really soon!!!


7 comments:

  1. I will be praying!!! I hope you guys hear soon, very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying for you to pass with flying colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie,
    We are praying for you and hope you find out real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angie --

    I will be thinking of you and little Silas into the wee hours of the night here in H-town. Our God is mighty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we are praying for you! we have a 'silas a.' at hh right now as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to hear....We've been praying for you guys....keep us posted, kj

    ReplyDelete